Lekha Writing Center is looking for instructors for our academic and creative writing classes. Do you enjoy working with children? Do you have a flair for writing? Would you like to develop the next generation of wordsmiths? Lekha Writing Center is currently looking to hire instructors immediately in the East Bay, and South Bay locations. We are looking for instructors to teach academic and creative writing classes as part of our summer camps.and around the year Summer camps run for a full day. Most students are between the ages of 6 – 12. We do have a few classes that cater to kindergartners and children in high school. We have two 3-hr camps during the day – one that runs in the morning (typically 9:00 – 12:00) and the other starts after lunch (Typically 1:00 – 4:00). Camps at some locations start as early as June 13th. As a summer camp instructor:
- You are expected to teach both camps during the day and stay with the children during lunch
- You will also be responsible for set up and take down of the camp if required.
- The total time spent during the day will be 8 hours.
- Lunch and breaks are taken with the children.
- A curriculum is provided, but you are encouraged to add their style while teaching.
During the school year, Lekha conducts classes throughout the Bay Area in after school enrichment centers, schools and community centers. We also conduct on-line web-based classes. If you enjoy the summer with Lekha, you will be considered for a year-long teaching position. Applicants must:
- Have at least a Bachelor’s degree
- Be excellent writers,
- Have an interest in seeing children excel as writers and storytellers.
- Enjoy playing with children
- Be able to commit teaching for a minimum of four weeks.
- Must have own form of transportation.
- Published writers
- Some experience teaching children
- Those that are willing to travel to more than one location.
Interviews will be held in the next two week. After the interview, instructors will be expected to shadow one of our current instructors. Training is mandatory and will be held in West San Jose. Salary: $120.00/day. Please send:
- A detailed resume
- A cover letter.
- Writing sample
Marketing and Sales Associate
- Develops relationships with individuals and organizations in the publishing industry to increase presence and brand awareness of Lekha Writing Centers and Lekha Publishers.
- Generates new leads for the publishing house and closes sales with authors.
- Increases revenue through outreach and sales of books published by Lekha.
- Actively develops strategic partnerships in the community with organizations that promote children’s and YA literature and writing education, i.e. libraries, parks and recreation departments, public and private schools, etc.
- Works directly with CEO to develop and implement marketing plans for publishing house, while cross-promoting the writing school when possible.
- Develops online presence for Lekha Writing Center and Lekha Publishers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Outstanding writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- 1-3 years experience in marketing and sales, preferably in a publishing environment
- Experience in publishing strongly preferred
Email applications to email@example.com
Do you have experience in the fields of graphic design, publishing and/or marketing? Lekha Publishers, our small independent publishing company, is looking for a part-time design assistant and marketing representative for some upcoming projects. Ideal applicants are flexible, outgoing, creative, and experienced. Candidates with experience in marketing or design for the publishing industry are especially preferred. Please do not reply unless you have one year or more of marketing and/or graphic design experience. Pay is TBD, based on experience and project assignment. Please email us your cover letter and resume in word document format. Thank you! Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will provide community service hours for the high-school volunteers and a choice of either $10.15/hour or college credit for college students. Lunch and any work-related travel expenses will be reimbursed for both volunteers and interns. Classroom Aides: Assist teachers with summer camp classroom activities, supervising recess and lunch, and setup, lesson prep, and cleanup for camps. Web Publishing Interns: Assist our web manager with updating company blog and other online publishing tasks. Prior experience using WordPress a plus. Administrative Interns: Assist with office duties such as answering phones, walk-in customer service, scheduling and making appointments, running errands, etc. Please send your resume, your availability, the area in which you would prefer to work (i.e., East Bay, South Bay, Peninsula, etc.), the position you are most interested in, and a 1-2 paragraph cover letter about yourself and why you are interested in joining our team this summer to email@example.com.